PICOTE RESIN FAMILY
Picote 100% Solids Epoxy is specially formulated to work in harmony with the Picote Brush Coating™ System. Both ASTM and NSF/61-5 certified. The easy lock & load cartridges work with the Picote Smart Mixer to offer a simple, mess-free solution. Improve quality control with the unique dual color system to visually verify any spots that have been missed.
QUICK FACTS • Pot Life: 15 minutes • SET TIME: 45 minutes • Max mils per coat: 20-40 mils • Time between coats: 1 hour 15 minutes @ ambient cure • Return to service: 4 hours • Fast Cure Dual Epoxy Kit: 12lbs 5oz • 6 Cartridge Kit (3x white & 3x grey) with 8 static mixing tips, 3 nuts. (Also available in white only and grey only kits)
PICOTE DUAL COLOR EPOXY COATING
ASTM and NSF Certified (meets the requirements of NSF/ANSI 61-5). WRC Approved 100% Solids Epoxy. Used to rehabilitate decayed and damaged concrete, pvc, fiberglass, clay, cast iron and ductile pipelines. The Dual Color method allows for clear visual verification during application. Designed exclusively for the Picote Brush Coating™ System
PICOTE FIBER BONDED MASTIC
100% Solids Trowelable Epoxy Used to protect new infrastructure and to rehabilitate existing damaged infrastructure, including manholes, steel substrates, floor and wall penetrations/cracks, wet wells, vaults & septic tanks. Extreme bonding to nearly all substrates. Fast curing & easy workability. ¼” build capability with no sag. Use with the Smart Mixer—no mixing means faster application.
NEW FAST CURE DUAL COLOR EPOXY
Fast Cure 100% Solids Epoxy Faster curing version of our Dual Color 100% Solids Epoxy Resin. Used to rehabilitate decared and damaged concrete, PVC, fiberglass, clay, cast iron and ductile pipelines. The Dual Color method allows for clear visual verification during application. Designed exclusively for the Picote Brush Coating™ System.
This is ideal for efficient, experienced Picote Brush Coating™ installers. Cut down work time and wait time on jobs.
Picote Brush Coating™ System- Dual Color Epoxy Resin System (DC1000E)
Picote Brush Coating™ System- Dual Color Epoxy Resin System (DC1000E). COLD WEATHER OPERATION GUIDANCE
Generally, this resin system can be applied when the ambient temperature is between 10ºC to 60ºC (50ºF to 140ºF), however, when the temperature of the coating surface starts to drop below the operational range the operator needs to take further precautions, detailed below, to ensure that the pipe can be successfully coated.
1. Pre-heat the resin cartridges to 30ºC (85ºF).
2. Store the resin cartridges in a temperature controlled environment such as an insulated / hot box.
3. Using a thermal temperature gun check and maintain the temperature of the mixed resin, in the delivery cup, between 21ºC to 30ºC (70ºF to 85ºF).
4. It is advisable, when working externally, to construct or erect a suitable tent to provide cover from extreme weather conditions such as cold, wind, snow and rain.
5. Get as much heat into the tent as possible using indirect fired gas heaters or electrical heaters.
6. Insulate all external pipework using concrete / thermal blankets or duvets.
7. Using a hot air heater at the top of the pipe and a fan at the bottom of the pipe circulate warm air through the pipe. If the temperature of the resin material drops below 21ºC (70ºF) you may have issues with the resin cartridges leaking due to excessive back pressure or be struggling to pump the resin through the resin delivery hose to the brushes. When it gets too cold the resin starts to behave like treacle / toffee and you can see it oozing out of the resin delivery tube, looks very tacky and does not want to stick to either the brushes or the wall of the pipe.
PICOTE SMART FILL
Picote Smart Fill is a specially designed flowable fill product that can be used to fill in the bottom of fully deteriorated piping or areas where holes and voids exist. The unique blend of polyurethane grout is designed to flow into all the areas where the bottom of a pipe is missing and then gently expand to the voids. Excess grout can then be easily cut and brushed away with the Picote Smart Cutter™. With the newly filled bottom, the pipe can then be easily lined or coated safely with no fear of losing tools or liner into large voids. Fill in the holes in your project today with Picote Smart Fill.