The Picote Smart Roller range has been designed for wetting out of short and medium-size Cured-in-Place (CIPP) linings and repairs for the inside of buildings. Available for the rehabilitation of pipe sizes from DN50 (2”) to DN150 (6”).
PICOTE SMART ROLLER
Using the Picote Smart Roller
Check the diameter of the host pipe and measure its length before selecting the correct size lining. Measure out the correct length of lining needed and cut. Check the condition of the Picote Smart Roller so that the work can be done safely and without unexpected interruptions:
• Visually inspect the Smart Roller for any signs of damages.
• If required fix the Picote Smart Roller to a table.
• Equip the power drill with charged battery.
• Test that Smart Roller works normally when powered.
• Choose desired speed from the power drill.
• Test that the Drive Belt is tightened. Correct if needed.
• According to the lining manufacturers instruction, adjust the gap in between rollers using the adjustment wheel to the correct thickness.
• Install the correct size Liner Holder to the Smart Roller.
• Add the lining to the Liner Holder and connect the vacuum pump.
• Prepare the resin.
Selecting the correct Picote Smart Roller for the work.
Select the correct narrow Liner Holder according to the diameter of the original host pipe. The Picote Smart Roller opening gap is set using the adjustment wheel. Picote Smart Roller is operated with a power drill. The quick locking upper assembly allows the user to lift up or completely remove the upper roller.
A properly wet out lining is a key for a successful installation. The use of the rolling table ensures that the resin is evenly distributed throughout the lining. The Picote Smart Roller has been developed to impregnate short and medium size linings. It is lightweight, transportable and easily powered by any power drill. Use narrow Liner Holders to give you extra pair of hands. See accessories list for available narrow Liner Holders.
User Instructions — Wetting out the Lining
Step 1. Select the correct size Liner Holder and push it inside locking holes of the Picote Smart Roller
Step 4. Once the Upper Roller is opened, move the resin lump through the opening.
Step 2. Attach the power drill onto the power transmission axle. Locate the lining onto the liner holder.
Step 5. Mangle the lining as long as needed. Adjust the opening by turning the adjustment wheel if needed.
Step 3. Dispense the resin in accordance with the lining manufacturers instructions. To push the bulk resin through the Smart Roller, first open the two Index Plungers (showed below) and lift up the Upper Roller. Note: To achieve full impregnation you should always use a vacuum pump
- Evenly impregnate the lining with the resin.
- Keep Picote Smart Roller clean.
- Control the speed of the Smart Roller during the impregnation process and adjust the gap in between rollers when required.
- Always follow manufacturer recommendations when wetting the liner
DURING AND AFTER WORK
- During use Carefully pour the prepared resin inside the lining. Push the resin lump through the Picote Smart Roller.
- Open Index Plungers holding the Upper Assembly if needed to make this step easier. Vacuum out the air in the lining.
- Power up the Smart Roller and carefully spread the resin throughout the lining to fully impregnate it. Adjust the roller gap when needed.
- Change the position of the lining to ensure there are not any dry places left. Be careful not to suck the resin into the vacuum pump.
- After use When the lining has been successfully impregnated, take it out from the Picote Smart Roller and continue preparing it for installation.
- When working in warm locations, use ice or fridge to lower the resin temperature.
- Colder resin gives more working time before curing process begins. Clean any spilt resin from the Smart Roller before it cures.
Cleaning: Easiest way to keep the Picote Smart Roller operational is to keep it clean. Wipe away any drops of resin from the machine while still wet. Immediately replace broken parts with Picote Original replacement parts.